The best ever chocolate chip cookies

Hello everyone!!!
It's been WAY too long since I have posted a new blog. Sometimes things prohibit us from posting like family emergencies and it just being too hot to turn the oven on. Those are my reasonings at least. Every weekend I felt so bad for not posting but I knew I needed to be doing what I was doing. Helping my dad heal was a little higher on my list, I knew my blog and our loyal readers would be here when we were ready to come back. And now, we are back.



Before I get down to the best ever chocolate chip cookie recipe I want to share this photo with you all:
This is Quinns go to. Her guy. This is her papa. This photo means the world to me. He is here. He is able to sit on the lanai with Quinn and watch the boats, the water planes, the airplanes, the hummingbirds and the neighbors. They can sit out there and talk for hours or they can be found sitting on Papas bed just playing catch with a wool dryer ball. This man is not only her guy, but he is the number one guy in my life. He is the man that raised me and the man that is teaching my little girl so much about this world. I cant imagine a world without him in it. Because of his stubbornness and will to live, he is here and I dont have to be terrified of living in a world without my minis main man.
So thank you, Dad. We love you so much and are thankful for every day with you 🖤.

So about those cookies....??



Ah yes. I was behind on cooking with Quinnie and wanted to make a known crowd pleaser, and I literally had everything in the cupboards needed for these delicious little morsels.
You will need:


  • 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour l
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup unsalted butter room temp
  • 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
  • 6 tablespoons sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 3 cups semi sweet chocolate chips 

I used milk chocolate chips this time as it is what I had in the cupboards at the time.
  1. Preheat your oven to 350°
  2. Line a baking sheet with parchment OR spray with non stick spray and set aside.
  3. Sift the flour, baking soda and salt into a medium bowl.
  4. In a large bowl mix butter and sugars until smooth.
  5. Add egg and vanilla mix on low.
  6. Gradually add flour until all is incorporated. Do not over mix. 
  7. Add chocolate chips and incorporate with a spoon.
  8. Using an ice cream scoop, drop scoops of dough on the cookie sheet. About 12 per sheet.
  9. Bake one sheet at a time for 8-12 minutes until lightly golden brown on the top.

These cookies are always a hit and never last long. Quinn loves them and they are always gone so fast lol.
 These have to be one of Quinns favorites. They are always so chewy and dont get crunchy. 
Thank you so much for all your support and always reading our cooking adventures. Since we are coming back from a month long hiatus there will be another post this evening and possibly a new look to the blog if I decide to get my laptop out tonight 😉


From our kitchen to yours,
Let's eat!


Comments

Popular Posts