Bread Bread and more Bread!

Hello my fellow foodies!!
I know, I know. I am a day late. The Velociraptor came down with the sniffles last night so I was not able to post our cooking adventure this past weekend as usual. Mom first. When lady sassy pants wants snuggles, she gets the snuggles. And in all fairness the Cooking with Quinnie this weekend was more for me and TT than for Quinnie.


We had an extended holiday weekend together filled with play dates, food, family and snuggles. To say it was hard to go back to work today is an understatement. But adulting calls and my wonderful guinea pigs at work needed to try the new goodies that we made this weekend.
These recipes were so simple, have minimal ingredients and I didn't even have to fire up Ruby to get these breads made.
Had to eat first to get the strength to mix all that dough
Lets start with the first bread. Jalapeno Cheddar. This bread is so fragrant and smelled so spicy I was pleasantly surprised with the mild spice but big flavor this bread packs in.

You will need:
  • 3 cups flour
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons baking powder
  • 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
  • 2 tablespoons sugar (plus an extra pinch on the counter for the velociraptor lol)
  • 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
  • 8 oz shredded cheddar cheese
  • 1 1/2 cup buttermilk *room temperature*
  • 1/4 cup butter *melted*
  • 3 jalapenos finely chopped (I learned my lesson as I, the birth giver, have eczema on my hands and will wear gloves next time)
Do you want to know how easy this is? Do you really?? 
  1. Grease a 9x5 bread pan. 
  2. Preheat your oven to 375.
  3. Mix all dry ingredients in a large bowl.
  4. add in your wet ingredients, jalapenos and cheese.
  5. Pour/Dump into greased pan and bake 45-50 minutes.
It is really that easy, and it is really that good!!






For the Garlic Cheddar bread you will need:
  • 2 cups flour
  • 4 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 tablespoon sugar
  • 1 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1 large egg
  • 2 tablespoons butter *melted*
  • 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar
  • 1 cup milk *room temperature*


  1. preheat your oven to 350 and grease your bread pan
  2. in a large bowl mix together dry ingredients and cheese.
  3. in a separate bowl mix together milk, egg and butter.
  4. mix the wet ingredients with the dry until just combined.
  5. pour into greased pan and bake for 45-50 minutes.

These breads are so delicious and easy to make! You will not regret taking the hour to make these. The jalapeno bread is my favorite and I will be making sandwiches with it YUM!!

From our kitchen to yours,
LETS EAT!!




Comments