Silly Sugar Cookies

Hello again my favorite foodies!!
For those of you who I told what this episode of cooking with Quinnie was going to be about, I must apologize. It was not cookie madness weekend. We were only able to complete the sugar cookies and not the other two kinds due to some time constraints. That just means that we will have to make them this week and you will get either two more episodes this week OR one really long episode next weekend.
I am going to warn you all. These are some of the silliest cookies I have ever seen!! They were fun and easy to make with only 6 ingredients for the cookies and 4-5 ingredients for the frosting, which of course had to be bright colors for the little velociraptor over here. I, the birth giver, being mildly OCD and not liking her getting messy at all think we did okay and made it out of this frosting covered chaos with minimal issues. 😊


Now, I am not a sugar cookie fan in the least. They are probably one of my least favorite cookies out there but the icing, that looked fun for the kids. We had anticipated to have two added kiddos with us this past weekend and to start baking yesterday, Saturday, but plans changed and it was just me and the Quinnie Doo making cookies today. These were quite fun for Quinn as she was able to use the cookie cutters and roll out the dough. She also had a blast using these condiment bottles from amazon for the icing. I never realized how much talent goes into icing these little sugar bombs. It was MUCH harder than it seemed and much messier than I thought it would be. So much respect to those who have mastered the royal icing on sugar cookies, this momma will not be mastering that anytime soon.

Eating cookies before we make cookies! Toddler logic.
Lets get down to business.... 🎡To Defeat the Huns!!🎡 No? Oh, its not burst into random Disney songs time? DARN IT!! Cookies, that's right. Cookies.

For the cookies you will need:
  • 6 cups flour
  • 4 tablespoons baking powder
  • 2 cups sugar
  • 2 cups softened sweet cream butter (I used salted)
  • 2 tablespoons vanilla
  • 2 eggs


  1. With mixer cream butter and sugar until completely mixed.
  2. Add vanilla and eggs and mix until completely incorporated.
  3. Add the baking powder.
  4. Mix in flour one cup at a time until dough is firm. (I really thought I made it wrong as the dough was a different texture than I thought it was going to be. It seemed more bread like to me than cookie dough. Maybe its just me, but it was a little strange at first lol)
  5. Roll a portion of the dough out on floured surface. (I tend to like my cookies a little thinner.  I dont have exact measurements for sugar cookies so I googled it for you. They say about 3/8 of an inch thick is usually a pretty good thickness.)
  6. Place on a non stick sprayed or lined cookie sheet and bake at 350 for 7-9 minutes. If the edges are turning brown they are in for too long and are over done.
  7. Let cool completely and then frost with icing.
For the icing you will need:
  • 2 cups sifted powdered sugar
  • 8 teaspoons milk
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 4 teaspoons corn syrup
  • gel food coloring (optional)


  1. In a medium bowl combine sifted powdered sugar, milk, vanilla and corn syrup.
  2. Mix until no lumps are present.
  3. Separate into smaller bowls if you are going to use food coloring. 
  4. Color as needed.
  5. Pour into piping bag, or condiment bottle if you are like me, and ice those bad mamajamas!!











This was one of those recipes that I will probably end up making again, for the holidays no doubt. It was just that simple and they came out pretty good. That means something coming from me lol. Since these are not the top of my list, I didn't have any cookie cutters. I took to amazon and found some dinosaur ones, of course haha, and the condiment bottles. I was not able to get the cutters that I knew would come in handy down the road, especially with this blog. So I went to walmart.com and ordered online for in store pick up a box of 101 cookie cutters!! WHAT? The ABC's, 123's, holidays and many other ones all for under 10 bucks! Yup, that happened!!


With a short work week coming up, WOOOHOOO 4 DAY WEEKEND!!!, I am sure that you all will be seeing another Cooking with Quinnie post very soon. πŸ˜‰

From our kitchen to yours,
Lets Eat!




Comments